TIER 1, TIER 2, TIER 3, TIER 4 and National Lockdowns
Are we open during the COVID19 epidemic?
Chiropractors are classed as "essential workers".
So far during this epidemic and until further notice we will remain open while taking the necessary precautions.
We’re classed as essential workers which means you’ll still have access to our chiropractic services.
The Government has emphasised the importance of maintaining healthcare appointments. So we are helping to take the pressure of the NHS and keep you well.
What safety precautions are we taking with respect to patients?
We are conducting telephone screening for new patients and surveying current patients for risk.
If you are self-isolating please do not attend the clinic:
- Do not come if you or anyone you live with has: a new continuous cough; high temperature (38.0 or over); loss or change in sense of smell or taste; or a positive Covid-19 test within the last 10 days..
When you arrive for your appointment:
- Don’t arrive too early or bring extra people with you.
- Please wear a mask before you enter (unless you are exempt).
- Thoroughly wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer by the entrance.
- The waiting area has been set up so that your are 2m apart from other patients.
What precautions are we taking with regard to hygiene?
- We are using all appropriate PPE.
- We’ve reduced the number of appointments to allow for social distancing.
- We’ve adapted reception for social distancing, protecting you and our team.
- We’re disinfecting surfaces and cleaning regularly.
General Chiropractic Council Statement
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the GCC has consistently stated that for patients in need of care a registered chiropractor must have regard to the code of conduct, and must:
- put patients’ health first, respect them and ensure that you promote their health and welfare at all times (Principle A)
- prioritise patients’ health and welfare at all times when carrying out assessments, making referrals or providing or arranging care (A5)
- treat patients in a hygienic and safe environment (A6)
The activities carried out by the GCC are unaffected by these recent developments.
You can read more here.